Our Wok Wednesday project this time out was Stir-fried Curried Beef. As always, the original recipe can be found in Grace Young's Stir-Frying to the Sky's Edge.
As I was going to be the only one eating, I went ahead and veganized the recipe. I didn't change a lot, subbed out the beef for tempeh, subbed veggie broth for the chicken and added a little more liquid to the tempeh marinade.
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 8 oz tempeh, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon ginger, shredded
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, shredded
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 16 oz bag frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ teaspoon sweetner
- Heat wok to smoking point and swirl in oil
- Empty Bowl C into the wok and stir fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant
- Push the onion mixture to the sides of the wok and empty Bowl A into the the middle. Spread it evenly into one ;ayer and allow to sear without stiring for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle on Bowl D and stir fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Empty Bowl E into the wok and str fry for about a minute.
- Swirl in the contents of Bowl B and cook 30 seconds to a minute, until everything is cooked through.
I hope you enjoy my contribution and be sure to check out all the other versions on Wok Wednesdays!